Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Original Blog Post: April 20, 2011- The Whole Patience Thing

After much anticipation and excitement, Caedmon's cast was removed today.  It's been about 7 weeks, it's felt like a really long time.  I was looking forward to seeing him stand again, and anxious to see if he was able to walk a bit.  I think just being able to bend his knee will be a really wonderful sensation.
His cast was also put back on today.  I had not anticipated this.  Apparently the doctor communicated some things to my husband over the phone that didn't get passed on to me, ah, well. 

So, the cast. 

It's the same cast he's been wearing the last two weeks, cut in half and put back on bound by athletic wrap.  The purpose is to protect the holes after the pins were removed.  They need about a week to scab over before he will be allowed to take a bath and start aqua therapy again.  So, one more week of sponge baths, scootching and stationary activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment