Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Original Blog Post: March 3, 2011- The God Of Hope

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.  Romans 15:13

I am thankful for the God of hope, Who sends me visions of the greater picture when my mind is so focused on tiny detail, Who sees when I am caught in a riptide of hopelessness and sends me a lifeline to cling to, Who gives me a hug when I forget how much I need them, Who helps me to laugh at myself and see the humor in my darkest mood.  What a kind, good God!

Growing up we rarely, if ever, went to a doctor.  Unless there was a sign of something broken or a tumor, you suffered through it and went on with life.  So, in my mind, doctor=certain death, or something like that.  Having a child who needs major medical attention several times a year scheduled and more unscheduled is a big, big area of growth for this anti-medical (and tiny bit of a worry-wart) mama.

Thankfully, I have a husband who is very familiar with the inside of a doctor's clinic and special needs are not a foreign concept.  The other night he said to me, 'We knew Caedmon would need more work on his feet as he grew.  This is what will make him stronger later.' 

Light bulb.   

A little later that same day I received an e-mail from Caedmon's aquatherapist.  'Don't forget that this surgery will make him stronger.  With his bones aligned he'll be able to do more and go farther.' 

Light bulb.  

Okay, God, I think I'm getting it.

Today, folding laundry, I realized that my stomach muscles were in huge knots.  I stopped and prayed, 'God, please take care of Caedmon.' 

Big wave of Peace. 

Sigh.  Light bulb.

I think I still have a long way to go to overflowing, but I'm sure thankful for the promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment