Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Original Blog Post: January 12, 2009- More Prayers

100_2350
As I type this Adam and Caedmon are sitting at the Children's Hospital Emergency Room.  This evening, after a day of appointments with various doctors all saying how wonderful he's doing, his scalp incision began to puss.  We immediately called the doctor who said to meet him at the emergency room.  We had been very careful over the last few weeks to keep him off of the incision side unless he was being held in our arms and we could ensure that no pressure was being placed on the incision area.  However, today, after meeting with the Nurse Practitioner for the neurosurgeon who said we could treat it as a normal head and place him on his back or either side, we put Caedmon on his back in his carseat and on his back in his swing.  It was after this that we noticed the fluid.  We are calling out for God's mercy.  If the medical staff feels there is an infection in the shunt or if they can see the shunt because the incision has opened up Caedmon will be looking at replacement shunt surgery and at least a month in the hospital.  We need a lot of prayers.

Lamentations 3
17 I have been deprived of peace;
       I have forgotten what prosperity is.
 18 So I say, "My splendor is gone
       and all that I had hoped from the LORD."
 19 I remember my affliction and my wandering,
       the bitterness and the gall.
 20 I well remember them,
       and my soul is downcast within me.
 21 Yet this I call to mind
       and therefore I have hope:
 22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed,
       for his compassions never fail.
 23 They are new every morning;
       great is your faithfulness.
 24 I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion;
       therefore I will wait for him."
 25 The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him,
       to the one who seeks him;
 26 it is good to wait quietly
       for the salvation of the LORD.
 27 It is good for a man to bear the yoke
       while he is young.
 28 Let him sit alone in silence,
       for the LORD has laid it on him.
 29 Let him bury his face in the dust—
       there may yet be hope.
 30 Let him offer his cheek to one who would strike him,
       and let him be filled with disgrace.
 31 For men are not cast off
       by the Lord forever.
 32 Though he brings grief, he will show compassion,
       so great is his unfailing love.
 33 For he does not willingly bring affliction
       or grief to the children of men.

No comments:

Post a Comment