Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Original Blog Post: October 14, 2008- Out Of The Mouths Of Babes

From the the lips of children and infants You have ordained praise because of Your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger.  ~Psalm 8:2
Today has been a stuggle for me in the not-worrying category.  The two things I worry about the most: finances and the future.  So, I was indulging in a walk down that path (not enjoying it, mind you, but going there nonetheless) when my son came running into the house.
'Mommy!'  he exclaimed excitedly, 'God is here!  He just rang the doorbell!  I invited Him in for lunch!'
We proceeded to set an extra place at the table for God.  Damek insisted on putting chopsticks at God's place because, 'He probably can use them really good!'  We had a fabulous lunch together. 
I'm so thankful He could get through to me with my son when I wasn't willing to listen to Him myself.  It's kind of ironic because our family worship time this morning was all about young Samuel and how he heard God calling him.  We prayed that God would help us hear Him today and answer Him just as Samuel did, 'Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening.'

No comments:

Post a Comment