Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Original Blog Post: December 17, 2008- No Shunt . . . Yet

Caedmon's ultrasound on Monday revealed little change between last week and this.  We are set for another ultrasound next Tuesday.  I am grateful for the monitoring, we definitely don't want to mess around with possible brain damage if we don't catch the hydrocephalus quickly enough, but it makes for an anxiety filled day.  Will they make us leave our baby here if they decide it's time for a shunt?  How long will he have to be in the NICU this time?  It's so hard to imagine having to leave him again, and for another surgery.  The neurosurgeon is positive he will need a shunt, the trick is putting it in at the right time.  If they do it too early the shunt could be clogged and we would have to do it all over again.  I just keep praying for a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment